MOMENT OF LIFE
HONOURING EVERY MOMENT OF LIFE
Mariposa House Hospice is now open! Our dedicated hospice team will offer 24-hour specialized end-of-life palliative care in a peaceful, homelike setting while welcoming and supporting family and friends.
We are grateful for your support, and we look forward to making a difference in our community!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
QUALITY CARE FOR
END OF LIFE
At Mariposa House Hospice, our goal is to “honour every moment of life” one person at a time. We provide high quality end-of-life palliative care to those in the Orillia area who need our support, while welcoming family and friends.
Each resident receives the care and emotional support they need in a comfortable, safe, homelike environment.
Our residential hospice is supported by a team of dedicated staff and volunteers.
Quality end-of-life palliative care provided by a dedicated team.
Learn more about becoming a volunteer with Mariposa House Hospice
Find out what we’re
up to next or purchase tickets to an upcoming event
questions about Mariposa House Hospice
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
COMFORT, PRIVACY, AND SAFETY
- We welcome visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Nursing and personal support staff are on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Each “home-like” suite features a hospital bed for the resident, a Murphy Bed for overnight visitors, a small private terrace (bed can be wheeled out), a private 2-piece washroom, a TV, and a small fridge.
- A spa room and shower room are available for residents
- There are many “common spaces” throughout the building and grounds which can be used by residents, family members, and friends including a living room, dining room, family room, children’s area, outdoor BBQ area, butterfly garden, and walking trails.
- Wi Fi is available throughout the building.
- Our kitchen is used by staff and volunteers to prepare meals for residents. Light refreshments (coffee, tea, baked goods, soup) are available for visitors.
- All programs and services are provided at no cost to residents or their family.
GET IN TOUCH
We serve our community and are available to answer any of your questions.