MOMENT OF LIFE
HONOURING EVERY MOMENT OF LIFE
At Mariposa House Hospice our dedicated hospice team offers 24-hour specialized end-of-life palliative care in a peaceful, homelike setting while welcoming and supporting family and friends.
April 2023 we launched our brand new video produced in-house in partnership with Heidman Definition to tell the story of the life that happens under the roof of Mariposa House Hospice. Click here to view.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
QUALITY CARE FOR
END OF LIFE
At Mariposa House Hospice, our goal is to “honour every moment of life” one person at a time. We provide high quality end-of-life palliative care to those who need our support. Our service area focuses on Severn, Orillia, Oro-Medonte, Ramara, and Chippewas of Rama First Nation.
Each resident receives the care and emotional support they need in a comfortable, safe, homelike environment.
To experience a short virtual tour of the hospice, please visit our You Tube channel.
Quality end-of-life palliative care provided by a dedicated team.
Learn more about becoming a volunteer with Mariposa House Hospice
Find out what fundraising opportunities we currently have going on.
questions about Mariposa House Hospice
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
COMFORT, PRIVACY, AND SAFETY
- We welcome visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Nursing and personal support staff are on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Each “home-like” suite features a hospital bed for the resident, a Murphy Bed for overnight visitors, a small private terrace (bed can be wheeled out), a private 2-piece washroom, a TV, a small fridge, and a microwave.
- A spa room and shower room are available for residents
- There are many “common spaces” throughout the building and grounds which can be used by residents, family members, and friends including a living room, dining room, family room, children’s area, outdoor BBQ area, butterfly garden, and walking trails.
- Wi Fi is available throughout the building.
- Our kitchen is used by staff and volunteers to prepare meals for residents. Light refreshments (coffee, tea, baked goods, soup) are available for visitors.
- All programs and services are provided at no cost to residents or their family.
Mariposa House Hospice
1140 Brodie Dr, Severn, ON L3V 0V2
GET IN TOUCH
We serve our community and are available to answer any of your questions.