MOMENT OF LIFE
HONOURING EVERY MOMENT OF LIFE
At Mariposa House Hospice our dedicated hospice team offers 24-hour specialized end-of-life palliative care in a peaceful, homelike setting while welcoming and supporting family and friends.
To view a special video honouring our one-year anniversary of opening, please click here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
QUALITY CARE FOR
END OF LIFE
At Mariposa House Hospice, our goal is to “honour every moment of life” one person at a time. We provide high quality end-of-life palliative care to those who need our support. Our service area focuses on Severn, Orillia, Oro-Medonte, Ramara, and Chippewas of Rama First Nation.
Each resident receives the care and emotional support they need in a comfortable, safe, homelike environment.
To experience a short virtual tour of the hospice, please visit our You Tube channel.
Quality end-of-life palliative care provided by a dedicated team.
Learn more about becoming a volunteer with Mariposa House Hospice
Find out what fundraising opportunities we currently have going on.
questions about Mariposa House Hospice
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
COMFORT, PRIVACY, AND SAFETY
- We welcome visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Nursing and personal support staff are on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Each “home-like” suite features a hospital bed for the resident, a Murphy Bed for overnight visitors, a small private terrace (bed can be wheeled out), a private 2-piece washroom, a TV, a small fridge, and a microwave.
- A spa room and shower room are available for residents
- There are many “common spaces” throughout the building and grounds which can be used by residents, family members, and friends including a living room, dining room, family room, children’s area, outdoor BBQ area, butterfly garden, and walking trails.
- Wi Fi is available throughout the building.
- Our kitchen is used by staff and volunteers to prepare meals for residents. Light refreshments (coffee, tea, baked goods, soup) are available for visitors.
- All programs and services are provided at no cost to residents or their family.
GET IN TOUCH
We serve our community and are available to answer any of your questions.