Honouring Every Moment of Life
Mariposa House is a residential hospice service set to open by May 2020. The following position is currently available for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual.
Executive Director – 37.5 hrs./week
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership in the fundraising, development and daily operations of Mariposa House Hospice in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Reviews monthly financial statements and prepares annual budget.
- Ensures compliance with quarterly reporting submissions to funders and other regulatory bodies.
- Develops appropriate programming, including admissions and discharges, for Mariposa House Hospice ensuring compliance with legislative and legal practices.
- Maintains all aspects of human resources, including hiring, firing, disciplining, training and conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Develops the policy and procedures for all aspects of hospice, including Health and Safety program.
- Creates and maintains a Risk Management program.
- Represents Mariposa House Hospice on community committees, speaking engagements and conferences.
- Degree in Nursing, Gerontology, Health Care Administration or related health care profession.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related senior management experience in community health care organization.
- Experience in a non-profit environment working with a voluntary Board of Directors is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in program development/evaluation, strategic planning, supervision of staff and volunteers, finance development and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of Mariposa House Hospice.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to team work and ability to work collaboratively effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, email, excel, and experience working in a database.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
If you possess the necessary qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume by December 20, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Description: MHH-Executive Director Job Description.docx
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mariposa House will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.